Friday 23 November 2012

Washing Cycle

                                            
This diagrame here shows the different stages of washing and what we do with the clothes after. I think this Cycle is realy important to our everyday lifes because it is constant and everybody takes part in their own washing Cycle.  We have luckily developed a quick and effortless way of washing our clothes using the washing machine. Before this everything had to be washed by hand in a big bucket. This must have been extremely time consuming and hard work.

                                                                       From this

 
To this
 
If I decided to do the idea of the washing cycle I could;

-  Make a massive washing machine and put it in the middle of a room and I could set it so that it washed things in reverse so I could put clean clothes in and have them come out dirty or I could put dirty clothes inside the washing machine and have it spinning the wrong way and for the whole process inside to be going backwards to break the cycle

- I could get a room with glass windows all around and I could fill each wall with washing machines facing the outside of the glass and they could all be open with clothes in and foam and water spilling out so eventualy the whole room gets full of water. This would be a realy interesting instillation and people could only view it from outside. This would make people feel at ease as it would suggest the washing machine is broken and in controll of what it does itself. I do not think I would be able to produce this instillation as I would not have enough money to buy all the washing machines and I would also need to be able to find a room that I could use.

                                                     How does the washing machine work?

No comments:

Post a Comment