Wednesday 7 November 2012

Painted my hand

 
We all did this excersise at college of trying to match our skintone using paint. It took a while to realy get the colours right. Firstly I put a range of colours on my pallet and started to mix them together to get that perfect tone. I then painted the whole of my hand to see if it matched my other own. I got the colour extremely close eventualy.
 



Here is a mixture of colours that I created in order to compare and see wich one matched my skin tone the best

We then had to draw an outline of our hand on a piece of paper and paint the chosen colour within it. As soon as the colour was painted onto the paper it instantly looked a lot more orange because it was going straight onto white in contrast to my skin tone.


I then got given an extra task of painting my arm white and then trying to match my skin tone again from scratch. This was harder as the paint looked completely different on the white







I enjoyed doing this and I enjoyed mixing all the colours to see wich one matched best.

 
Health and Safety
1) I need to consider on the type of paint I use when painting on the skin as I could have an alergic reaction to it.
2) When taking the paint or make-up off my face I need to be careful not to rub too hard as this could irritate the skin.
3) I need to make sure that I have breaks when working on the computer as this could possibly lead to RSI (repetitive strain injury)
4) I also will need breaks as it can damage your eyes when looking at a computer screen for too long.
5)  When working on my laptop I need to make sure that I do not leave it on for too long as it could over heat.
6) When drawing or painting to scan onto my computer I need to make sure that I do not use water near my computer.
7) When dealing with lots of loose paper I must try and avoid getting a paper cut.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment