Thursday 1 November 2012

List of Moods


I decided to use a different way of generating my ideas so I wrote myself a list and uploaded it onto my blog of the moods that I could include as my final ideas and that I could express using different colours of make-up to the face

Here I have experimented by using make-up to portray a mood. The mood I wanted to portray here using pink was innocence and flirtatiousness. I think this would have worked better if I had face paints as it would have given me a more varied pallet aswell as textures and different mark-making to work with.

 I decided that I would use peace and anger together to create a contrast of moods. I have used the colours that relate to the moods and I would apply the colour on using make-up. I was also inspired by Picasso's cubism work and they are looking physically at different angles of the face and I wwanted to interperate this into looking at different emotions of a person.
I then decided to use the moods innocence/flirtatious and dark/sinister as they are contrasting too. Altogether I would like to produce four different moods.

 
I would see this make-up being used for a catwalk. I would put both the contrasting onse walking down at the same time wich would create a juxtaposition. I would like to do this but I would need the catwalk and I would need the models so that I could do their make-up.I would choose to have the models wearing a translusent flowing dress of their colour to complete the look.


Evaluation
By completing this project I have learnt that I could have used my time a lot better by doing less wide spread research and instead focus it down a lot sooner. If I did this I would have been more focussed from the start of the project and I would have known what I was aiming for a lot sooner. This would have also meant that instead of doing such a varied amount of research I would have had more work of my own and more experiments.
My final design fits the brief as I have a clear idea which is to apply make-up on a model for a catwalk show to demonstrate a series of emotions through different colours. I also have a clear concept which is showing Moods expressed by the use of colour and make-up and to look at the meaning of make-up to conceal or reveal emotions.
It also fits with the brief as I am using the idea of make-up which is a routine, a cycle. Also I am using my idea on models walking up and down the catwalk which is a repetitive motion.
I am using make-up. However, if I had good quality face paints this would have made my piece a lot stronger as it would have given me the opportunity to use a wider range of colour and textures.
This is the first time I have made my own blog which meant that, not only was I focussing on the project, but I was also working out how to use it and ways in which I could present my work and lay the blog out. On the other hand this has been a positive thing for me as I have now discovered blogging as being a great way for me to present my other projects as it is quick and easy and allows me to use a collection of digital media to back up and extend my ideas.
For further development I would have liked to create more different emotions as well as using face paint instead of make-up. I would have also loved to paint it on many people if I could find volunteers. I would have also liked to have developed my skills in animation so that I could have made a sample of what the catwalk stage would have looked like.

No comments:

Post a Comment